Thursday, December 5, 2013

Missing

Chapter 3: Missing

" Emily! Time to wake up! The bus is coming soon! Come on!"

" Emily... your breakfast is ready! You come down right now!"

" Emily! This is the last straw! You better get down here lady!"

" E-M-I-L-Y!"

" Em... Oh My God! Oh My..."

" Emily! Where are you? Please come out!"

" Emily! Emily! Emily..."

" Please... come back... come back..."

" I need you"

Laying on the table was a letter.

A letter addressed to Emily's mum.


Mum,

I know this is sudden but I have decided. To go away.
I know you will be sad but don't worry. I will be fine. Really.
I want you to know I love you so much and I hope that you know
what I am doing now is for the best.

Bye

Love
Emily

A few blocks away, a girl in hoodies and loose pants
was trying to stay out of sight.
Holding her bag tight, she walked quickly to the bus station.

" May I know where you headed miss? "
" Anywhere. As long as it's far from here. "
" Hmm.. I think I can help you with that. "

As she received the tickets, she checked her surroundings.
After making sure that no one she knows is around
she went to the nearest restroom.

Once inside, she heaved a long sigh. Relieved.
Then the tears came.

Mum, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do this.
I really do not know what to do.
I don't want to hurt you.

Then suddenly there was a knock on the door.
" Hey. You ok? "

The sound of someone else outside startled her.

" I... I'm ok. "
" You sure? Cause I think you could... you know talk to someone about it. "
" No I'm good. Really. "
" Really? "
" Yeah. "
" Okay. "

The sound of footsteps slowly faded and then the sound of the door.
Making sure she has everything in her bag, she wiped off her tears
then went out of the restroom.

Once outside, she saw a familiar figure.

Him

Once she recognised who she was looking at, she quickly turned her back against him.

No. I will tell him. I must.

As she turned slowly, she noticed that he was gone.

" Where is he? "

" Hey, Em. "

He appeared right next to her. Feeling his presence made her feel really warm inside.

“ Hi. ”

“ What are you doing here? You on a trip? "

" No I'm just looking around. Maybe some other time I will go travel. "

" Looking around? There's nothing here. "

" I... I was... "

" You know you could just tell me it's a secret. I won't judge you. "

" Ah haha yeah right. "

Secrets. You have no idea.

" Can we talk? " " Sure "

Once inside a cafe nearby, she sat at the side of the window.
" So... what is so important that you want to talk to me about? "

Her hands started shaking. She quickly put them under the table.
" The thing is... you remember that day you found me at the library? "

" Yeah, you were not like yourself that day. Like something bad happened to you. "
He paused, allowing me to continue.
" Something did happen to me. "
" What is it? Come on. Tell me. I wanna know. "
Finally after a long silence, she told him.

" I was... with another man. "
Something in the air changed after that.
" You... what? "

" I was with another man. "
" Oh wow! This is... this is news! Headlines in fact!! "
She knew this was coming but she did not know how to react.
" He dragged me into an empty room and made me do disgusting things.
You have no idea how I felt at the time. "

" Feel? You wanna know how I feel right now? Do you? "
His hands went to her throat. He was out of control.
" Ple... Please don't. You'll hurt... you'll hurt the baby. "
" The baby? You said baby. Whose is it? That man??
" Ethan... " Barely able to even see, she passed out.

She hears sound of the alarm of a police car.
She could hear someone telling her something.
Then she passed out again.

Preview
Emily you're gonna be fine.
Huh?
You'll be okay.

What were you thinking? You could have killed her!
I would love to... make her suffer. Till she cannot take it.
And destroy her in the most wicked way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment