Monday, February 3, 2014

Back to Hell

Chapter 4: Back to Hell

Please be okay. I don't want to see you get hurt.

This woman started pacing back and forth in front of the surgery room.

She seemed anxious. Almost to the state of panic in fact.

As she recalled how her little girl was so lifeless on the way to the hospital,
she was praying so hard that her baby girl would live and not die.
She could not bear to see that. She can't.

She closed her eyes and kept praying and praying that
she did not notice the doctors and nurses who have already
left the surgery room. When she finally calmed herself down,
she noticed that the light of the surgery room was off and
a bed was being pushed out by a nurse with the blankets covering.

Covering her head.

She rushed to the bed.
" Emily? Emily? Em... "
" Please... not her. God please not her..."

As she turned to look at the tag on the wrist of the person lying in the bed,
her eyes went wide and then...

Turns out it was another patient. Not Emily. Where is she?


Mum? Dad? Anyone?

" Hey! Where are you going? "
" Who.. who are you? "
" I'm just trying to help you. Now.. "
" Stay away from me! Go away!! " 
" Hey! Hey! I'm not gonna hurt you. Now just come to me and
all your troubles will go away. Hmm? "
" .... "
" Hey do you see me doing anything to you? Do you? "
" No...? "
" Yeah. Now just come to me.. slowly and you will be safe. "


Emily finally lets her guard down and realised that she was standing 
on a long plank that leads to some kind of land.
Fear sipped into her body and she started shaking.
She took a look at the person in front of her.
It was a woman but she could not make out the face.

" Take a deep breath. You'll be okay. "
" I'm scared. "
" You will be fine. I promise. "
" Really? "
" Yeah. Now at the count of 3, walk to me slowly. "
" Oh.. okay. I'll try. "

Trying hard not to look down, she balanced herself with her hands
and stepped forward while trying hard not to trip.
" Honey. Don't look down. Don't look down. Look at me. "
Emily closed her eyes for a moment and finally she looked at this woman
who is helping her.
Light slowly glowed on the woman's face and she recognized
the face. Her face with wrinkles around the eyes and her smile
Her familiar smile.
Mum...

Tears starting rolling down her face.
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry! "
" Honey, it's going to be okay.. "

One of her legs could not find land. She lost her balance. And fell.
She screamed. And screamed. And screamed.

And screamed.
" Honey. Honey. You're okay. You'll be okay. "
" Mum? "
" Yes honey? "
" What happened? "
" You were asleep. For 28 hours. "
" Where's Ethan? "
" Him? Why are you asking for him when he's the one who made you like this?? "
" I... I'm just worried. "
" Worried? You have no idea how worried I was when our neighbours told me you're
been sent to the hospital. And now that you're awake you are worried about some boy??
You know what! You just lay there and think about him all you want! "
" I did not mean to... Mum, I'm sorry. "
" Sorry can wait. "
" It's all my fault. "
" Honey, it's not your fault. It's that... that boy who cannot control his emotions...
Anyway get some rest and have some porridge. I'll go get some clothes from home. "
" Okay Mum. Please come back soon. I don't wanna be alone. "
" Alright you troublemaker. I'll be back as soon as I can. "

Hah, girls these days... all they think about is boys, boys, boys!
Why can't she think about her poor mummy?

As soon as the mother was out of sight, a shadow appeared. 

With a wicked smile.

The shadow walked slowly to the room, careful not to make a sound.

Closer and closer it got to Emily who was taking a quick nap after her meal.

It grabbed the pillow on the sofa and the next second stuffed it on her face.

Emily couldn't breathe and all she could do was try and stop these strong hands.

" I'll make you pay! You're such a slut! How dare you touch him!
You have no idea what he's going through! Go to hell! " said the mysterious shadow.

Preview
" Where is he? "
" Who? "
" The guy who made her do those.. those things. "
" What are you talking about? There's no such thing. She must be lying. "
" There must have been something going on. And I'm going to find out what. "

No comments:

Post a Comment